CAIRO – 16 August 2022: Two days after a deadly fire in Giza’s Imbaba neighborhood, firefighting forces extinguished Tuesday a fire that broke out in the ground floor of Bishop Beshoy Church in Menya governorate situated in Upper Egypt.
The police said that the fire is caused by an electricity problem, and that it incurred no injuries. That is because it occurred in a hall that was closed and unused.
A fire broke out at Abo Sefein Church in Imbaba neighborhood in Giza Governorate on Sunday, resulting in 41 deaths and 16 injuries.
Four fire trucks rushed to the scene to put out the blaze, and police cordoned off the place.
Firefighters carried out cooling operations to make sure that the fire would not erupt again given high temperature and the presence of large quantities of wood inside the church.
President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi directed all relevant state institutions to immediately take all necessary measures to deal with this incident and its effects, and to provide all aspects of health care for the injured.